Valentine's Day Gifts
Delivery & Postage
UK Deliveries - please read carefully before placing your order. For Northern Scotland and Islands please see section 1a "Post Codes For Islands and Highlands". ALL deliveries to Northern Ireland, IOM, IOW, Channel Islands are subject to a surcharge. These are a 2 working day service. We are sorry these areas incur a higher charge- this is purely a courier charge, not our charge. Some areas are a 2 day service in Northern Scotland too - please see post codes for more details. You can nominate a delivery date in advance, for delivery Tuesday-Friday inclusive for perishable goods, or Monday-Friday inclusive for non perishable goods. Please note, although 99% deliveries are made on the date requested, we only refund delivery charges if a parcel is more than 2 working days late.
Delimann is a small company that supply gifts and hampers with many of our own freshly baked items as well as other foods sourced from local artisan producers. In addition, because our Afternoon Tea gifts/scones/teabreads etc are baked daily, our hampers are packed by hand on the day of despatch. Therefore we have to put in place guidelines in order for your purchase from us to be of optimum quality, and delivered as efficiently as possible. In most cases, we use the national courier service, Interlink, who pick up from our premises each afternoon from Monday-Thursday. Occasionally, non perishable, smaller items will be send by first class post. Please note the following:
- Orders received up to 2pm between Monday and Thursday will be delivered the next day - in 99% of cases - between 8am and 7.30pm (unless another day is requested by you at the checkout). We cannot offer delivery charge refund unless parcel is more than 2 working days late.
- Orders received after 2pm Monday-Wednesday, will be despatched the next day (unless another date has been requested at the checkout).
- As our scones and other bakery products are freshly baked Monday-Thursday, they are despatched only Monday - Thursday for delivery Tuesday-Friday.
- Sorry, but we cannot deliver Cream Tea/Afternoon Tea or Ploughmans gifts on Mondays or at weekends.
- We CAN deliver the "Tea Time Treats" gift on Monday's, and other non perishable items such as chocolates, wine and tea time accessories.
- Please remember to give us the recipients telephone number, mobile number and/ or email address. This can be invaluable to the delivery driver if a property is difficult to find. And the recipient or yourself will be able to get an automated email sent by Interlink giving an hours delivery time slot if you supply the information.
- Please make sure you give clear information/instructions about what to do if the recipient is not at home (ie leave with neighbour/in shed/in garage). Whereever possible, the courier will try to follow these instructions, however some areas (ie the Staffordshire Interlink area) insist on having a signature for every delivery.
- Interlink will send you an email (or if requested a SMS) on the morning of delivery with an hours delivery slot. You can trace the progress of your order via this link. Please make sure someone is there to take delivery - or clear alternative instructions are given.
- We cannot be held responsible for the non receipt of a gift/goods if there has been an attempted delivery on the day you have requested, and no-one has been at home to receive the parcel.
- Instructions will be followed whereever possible by the driver (max 50 characters) if you give them at checkout. However goods will be left at the drivers discretion, for example if the driver feels it unsafe to leave at a premises he will not do so. The driver will leave a card with further instructions.
- We cannot be held responsible for goods that have been left as per your instructions and have gone missing.
- Deliveries are made between 8am and 7pm - unless an AM delivery has been requested at the checkout. This incurs an extra courier charge. If the courier fails to deliver in the morning, as requested, we shall of course refund you the difference between the regular courier charge and the premium courier charge.
Pleas call us on 01626 854793 Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm or Friday 9am-2pm, if in any doubt!
1. Our standard charge of £4.95 is for a nominated next day delivery service(subject to conditions listed). Deliveries are made mainly by our couriers Interlink but sometimes by first class post. Some parts of Scotland, IOW, Channel Islands and N. Ireland incur an extra charge.
1a. Postcodes For Islands and Highlands: These are the postcodes which are classified by our couriers as "Highlands and Islands" These postcode areas will incur the higher delivery charge.
Highlands: AB30-38, AB44-56, FK17-99, G83, IV1-28, IV30-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-33, PA34-40, PH18-26, PH30, PH31-41, PH49-50.
Islands: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3.
2. Just to re-iterate, please give the recipients telephone number and/ or email address at checkout - this greatly assists the courier if the property is difficult to find. Interlink will also send you an email on the morning of dispatch with an hours delivery slot, and the name of the driver, as well as the facility to track your order.
3. For deliveries outside of our regular service we can offer a specific before noon delivery which incurs an additional cost. Although a large number of parcels are delivered in the morning - this cannot be guaranteed. We no longer deliver on Saturday due to excessive postal and courier charges.
4.Unfortunately, there are additional charges that we incur for sending parcels to some parts of Scotland, including the Highlands and Islands, Isle of Mann, Isle of Wight, the Channel Islands and N. Ireland*. Please make sure you tick the appropriate box at the checkout - or call us for further information. If the correct delivery charge in not paid, unfortunately the gift will not be despatched and you will be refunded.
Please note, and to reiterate, it is extremely important that we have the correct address, including postcode, when goods are dispatched via courier service. A contact number for the recipient is also essential, to assist the driver if he is unable to locate a property. We cannot accept any responsibility for goods that have failed to arrive due to the incorrect information being provided to us. If you also include yours or your chosen recipients email address, Interlink will email you on the morning of dispatch to give you the hours delivery slot. You can request specific delivery dates (Monday - Friday, or Tuesday - Friday for Cream Tea gifts) but if no date is requested then your parcel will be dispatched at the earliest possible date - usually the same day, or day after**, of the order being received by Delimann.
Orders Placed on Saturdays & Sundays
The earliest day for delivery is the following Tuesday. If unsure, please contact us for more information.
We send our parcels by the nationwide courier, UK Mail and Interlink Express. Courier deliveries are made from 8.00am to 7.00pm - the courier is able to email you on the morning of the delivery and advise an hours delivery slot if you provide an email address . In some cases, we may send parcels first class post.
Delivery Attempts When Sent By Courier
Delivery is via a signature on delivery service. If the recipient is out when our courier calls they will leave it as instructed at the point of order (in a safe place/with neighbour) or via a card asking the recipient to make contact to arrange a second delivery attempt.There may be a small charge for a second delivery attempt.
If the recipient fails to make contact with the courier in good time, the goods will be automatically returned to the Delimann and a charge will be made for the return and re-delivery of the goods to the original or alternative address. The purchaser will also be charged for any items which have become unsuitable for sale and need replacing.
At point of order the purchaser can leave ‘if out' instructions to be attached to the goods e.g. If out please leave with neighbour . The Delimann cannot be held responsible for damage or theft of goods where an ‘if out' instruction has been issued by the purchaser.
If the hamper or gift box is being sent as a gift, we would advise that you call the recipient to let them know to expect a delivery. Some customers find it helpful to send hampers or gift boxes to the recipient's work address.
The hamper delivery prices listed on this site are for the charge for weekday deliveries to most UK mainland destinations. We do not send our Cream Tea gifts overseas, as there are many customs restrictions relating to clotted cream and perishable goods.
Delivery Service & Timescales
Delivery timescales for overseas deliveries vary so please contact us for information.
We reserve the right to refuse any International orders on the basis of a particular countries customs and prohibitions which do vary from time to time.
The Delimann cannot be held responsible should local customs authorities wish to confiscate any item contained within the hamper or charge any import duty. This is unfortunately outside of our control and as such, you, the customer, will be responsible for any such charges.
Any fresh items sent overseas will be entirely at the purchasers own risk, as the variable delivery timescales mean we cannot guarantee that fresh items will not perish in transit.